Thursday 18 August 2011

mushroom madness!

Amy Sarabi
Christopher Kane



copy of Disney's Bambi drew at the same time as the mushroom pic


This drawing above is inspired by some buma-shimeji mushrooms that I brought reduced today in the supermarket to go into my delicious mixed mushroom Stroganoff, (recipe below)







OK those were just some pictures that I took of the Mushrooms, below is the recipe and pictures through the stages of cooking.


It is just a recipe I came up with and is very simple!


For the Stroganoff, Ingredients:
assorted mushrooms about 250g makes plenty for two
single cream
1/2 onion
olive oil
lots of black pepper
pinch turmeric
paprika

1. Chop all the mushrooms, or divide if whole small variety.

2. Chop onion finely, whilst doing this heat the oil in large-ish pan with some black pepper.

< 3. Add onion to pan, gently brown.
4. Add Mushrooms, keep stirring until wilted down.

 
 5. Now add around 100ml cream basically so it's not too wet, but with a sauce quality to it.
n.b. as the mushrooms simmer down their juices all add to the sauce and flavour but can make it too wet so add a little cream at a time.


This is after adding more black pepper and the spices keep it on a low heat and just let it brown slightly the sauce should be much lighter however than if you were to make this with meat.

then add this to whatever takes your fancy!

Below I served it with spicy Singapore rice noodles and pea shoots



I got these as a bit of an experiment as I already know that I am allergic to the more well known variety of mushrooms, Shiitake, and I wanted to see whether these would have an adverse affect so that I can avoid them in the future! Another reason to keep the recipe simple in mine I used regular bog standard market variety and Chestnut mushrooms.
I love these hoodies would like to see it in red though!





No comments:

Post a Comment