Wednesday 10 August 2011

recent outfits

 This is the outfit that I wore  to work on monday, the T-shirt is  an original 90's Nirvana Tee holey and falling apart, that was given to me by a friend some years ago, the jacket is vintage 1930's crepe-type black and gold fabric that i brought  second hand for under £10, 1970's plastic leather-look vinyl bag was from a vintage shop in Brighton while they were having a clearance sale- 2 bags for £5, brown patterned weave leggings New look in the sale  £9  and the amazing red platform shoes are from Top shop although once again brought in the sale for under half price £24 and with Student discount.

My favourite piece of this look is the egyptian style silver plated bracelet that i got from a flea market in  Yorkshire whilst on my travels, I think that it cost me about £8,






All Apologies,   Nirvana

What else should I be
All apologies
What else could I say
Everyone is gay
What else could I write
I don't have the right
What else should I be
All apologies

In the sun
In the sun I feel as one
In the sun
In the sun
I'm married
buried

I wish I was like you
Easily amused
Find my nest of salt
Everything is my fault
I'll take all the blame
Aqua seafoam shame
Sunburn with freezerburn
Choking on the ashes of her enemy
All in all is all we are

In the sun
In the sun I feel as one
In the sun
In the sun
I'm married
buried,
married
married
yeah yeah yeah




These shoes remind me of some of the older Nicholas Kirkwood for Rodarte footwear collections (below) and they are also like blood soaked mummies rising from their tombs, hence the egypt bangle!


a gift of some delicious jam made by a French friend, I wanted to put a picture of the cacti on the window with the cacti and aloe vera plants.

1940's film noir inspired monochromatic look, black satin pencil skirt-£3.50, white/cream embroidered pussy bow layered blouse £1, cream lacework jigsaw cardigan with beautiful carved mother of pearl buttons, long-strung maroon furry pop-poms and bead necklace £2.50, nude tights, black leather aviator jacket Topshop and grey high heeled mary janes-£4


another Jigsaw cardigan super sparkly!


Vintage floral patterned headscarf - 50p, ethnic mother of pearl earrings-car boot sale find under £1 mustard/green frilled silk blouse, snakeskin print black jeans-£5, black patent DM's


********************


My Favourite books in "The Feelings" series by Trace Moroney 








No comments:

Post a Comment