Thursday 28 March 2013

Crochet Cushions and Crocuses


one of the beautiful yolk-egg yellow crocuses that has poppeed up in the garden
I have been working on a few crochet projects recently, the first was to use up some small balls of pink, cream and orange cotton that I found in the bottom of a craft chest whilst having a spring clean.

To begin with i started by making a large granny square that measures about a foot square, I decided that as it's only a small piece and I don't have any more yarn, that I would turn this into a cushion.




I am a bit of a hoarder and have quite a few bits of vintage fabric stashed away for just such projects, unfortunately my sewing machine isn't working at the moment so I have had to hand-stitch the entire project, making it take a lot longer than I initially anticipated! Anyway this square of fabric is an old off-cut from some Liberty curtain-weight fabric.  The My Little Pony motif was cut out from an old T-shirt that I don't wear any more and appliqued onto the other side.



Now all that's is left to do is to stuff it and assemble it together!  I will post pictures of the finished project :)


hand-stitched appliqued MLP Motif




1 comment: